This post may contain affiliate links
This month was amazing! We reached our highest views ever! In this post I’m going to breakdown my traffic, revenue sources, and goals. These reports keep me on track during my journey of making money online. If you blog I highly suggest documenting your efforts!
One of the most important parts of blogging is persistence! You got this, your page views will increase, your affiliate marketing efforts will pay off, you will gain more followers. Be positive and your efforts will be worth their weight in “working at home”. I promise.
Of course to earn a passive income with a blog you need to start your own blog. Easy setup for your site can be found here: 15 Minute Quick Start to Hosting with Bluehost. Feel free to message me with any questions, I’m here to help with anything you can think to ask.
What Was Accomplished in September?
Last month I was able to publish 3 blog posts
- Secrets to Launch Your Successful Blog in 7 Days!
- Easy Ways to Achieve an Elegant Wedding on a Budget
- Ultimate Structure for Attention Grabbing Titles
Views: 4,631 / 5,937
Total Blog Views: 11,494 / 17,383
Get Secret to Start Your Site in 7 Days
Wanting to stay home is natural, starting a blog or an online business can be natural too. If you have a business or an idea, having a self hosted site is 100% necessary for monetization. You’re leaving too much on the table if you don’t have a place where people can find you. The investment is minimal, and refundable. With hosting you have the ability to earn money just from site traffic, and you can expand into the wonderful world of affiliate marketing at anytime.
Ibotta Shout Out!
Ibotta is an easy way to save money on products that you are already going to buy. You easily earn coupons through quick quizzes, games and surveys. Then you save and earn when you purchase an item. All you have to do is take a picture of the receipt with your smart phone and the price difference is credited to your account. There are tons of ways to earn.
Social Media Goals:
- Pinterest Goal 1,475. SUCCESS! From 1,392 to 1,571 I love Tailwind and automated pinning. It gives me so much more time to work on other projects and posts. Follow me on Pinterest and feel free to message me at anytime with Pinterest questions. Join my Connect and Share Group Board you can do so by clicking. It’s an active board with great repin rates, use it to grow your own following. My goal is to reach 1,722 followers this month.
- Instagram Goal 450. Failed! I went from 401 to 428 lovely followers on Instagram. I always follow back. Find me on Instagram. Sharing enough is another must do to continue your growth.
- Twitter. Goal 310. Failed! I went from 247 to 256 followers. I slacked more on sharing this month than I realized. Utilize facebook groups to get your social media stats up. My goal will be to hit 300 for October. Find me on Twitter (I love retweeting content.)
- Facebook Page Follows. Goal 375. Failed! From 279 to 305 follows. Join my facebook page here: Facebook Page. Explore FB pages as a source for new readers and people you can support. My facebook page is relatively new, and missing the goal is completely ok! Now I am more aware of growth and can better equip myself for next month’s success. My goal will be 350 followers.
- Blog Subscribers. Goal 210. SUCCESS! From 132 to 212 subscribers!!!!! I would love it if you subscribed! Soon you will have access to every single resource ever created by me in the Library. This will also provided unlimited freebies, tips and blog giveaways. My goal is to get 275 followers.
Having time for social media is one of the MOST IMPORTANT parts of blogging. You should be sharing WAY MORE than you are writing. Great content is 100% necessary, but that won’t matter if no one sees it. I have a very aggressive social media sharing strategy. Find it here The Social Media Scorecard to blast your accounts!
- Share Consistently. SUCCESS! When I follow my own directions, my traffic and blog explode. I put together an extensive printable to track and gain more social media followers. Learn more about my exclusive Scorecard Here: Ultimate Social Media Scorecard for Success ! It’s so important to share consistently on all social media fronts.This month I did a good job of exploring sharing options, and started to use BoardBooster’s free trial program. If you use my link you are credited with 500 free pins. I’m already in awe! Pinterest is such a valuable source of traffic, it’s important to nurture your accounts and putting them on autopilot is a must!
- Post 5 Instagram Pictures. Failed! I did share 3 pictures! I love looking and engaging on pinterest, but I’m still a little shy to share my own pictures. Does anyone else get sheepish? I would love to follow you, click to follow me on Instagram.
- Continue to research promoted opportunities. SUCCESS! It can be hard to put yourself out there, but there are lots of resources and blogs that accept sponsored posts. Tailwind promoted one of my posts this month and it really boosted my traffic! Reaching out to companies is definitely something to do if you haven’t started. Create a basic email template and let the company know who you are and what you can offer. Guest submissions, usually need to fit certain website standards, and those specs should be available on their site. Search “who accepts guest posts” and you will be met with tons of websites to explore.
- Create Email Templates. SUCCESS! The first templates have been created. They will be sent when the new Library is available.
- Continue to Reach Out for Guest Posting Opportunities. SUCCESS! Reaching out to more successful bloggers can be intimidating, but it’s exactly what we all need to do in order to grow our reach.
Blog Income Breakdown
- Chitika: $2.70
- Shareasale Tailwind Sign Up: $3.00 My favorite Shareasale affiliates are: Tailwind, ModCloth, PicMonkey, and StudioPress by Copyblogger. Shareasale has so many brands that I trust and support, definitely check them out if you are in the market for new affiliates to support.
- Quit Playing. I spend a lot of time “working” on my blog, but not always being productive. This month using BoardBooster’s free trial and Tailwind I plan to 100% automate my Pinterest account. I looooove Pinterest, but I get sucked in, sucked into planning and not creating.
- Finish My Library. One of my favorite things to do is to create printables. This month I will combine all the past printables into a helpful library that you can access at anytime. Whenever I get a helpful printable from a blogger it’s such a bother to have to find it again! This will hopefully eliminate a lot of stress for my readers, and ensure that all printables are accessible.
- Guest Post Submission Page. If you want to guest post on my page I would love it! In the upcoming weeks I will have everything set up for submissions. Guest posting, and having people post on your page is an awesome opportunity for growth on both fronts.
This month has been a little bit tougher than those in the past. I have to start writing for my PHR reaccreditation and it has me worried. Being a terrible procrastinator is not what I would call a beneficial personality trait. As a blogger, the thought of more writing that isn’t for my readers seems pointless. I’m going to push past these emotions with being proactive though.
Remember if you put effort into gaining something, make sure you maintain it! The PHR was something that was difficult, and it would be a shame to just let it lapse. If you are procrastinating anything, make an effort to uncloud your brain by getting it done!
Starting a blog is still the best thing that I ever did for myself! I have the ability to succeed, just as you do with blogging. The dedication to your art is the most important part! If you stop you can never succeed.
I hope to inspire you to find your own creative outlet. If you’re ready to jump into blogging I suggest you read my post Start a WordPress blog with Bluehost, for $3.95 a month with Bluehost. You can take the next step to starting something great.
Would you like some lifestyle tips before you go? You’ll love these!
What steps have you made toward proactive lately? Let me know so I can cheer you on! Every step is a step towards financial independence and we are all worth it. Please subscribe! There are lots of freebies and perks on their way. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest. I’d love to help spread your content. Together we will be great.