This post may contain affiliate links
Ok….friends…you gotta love em’, right?!
But…when it comes to them wanting that jingle in your pocket…are they friends or foes to your wallet? Why is it that the most casual of acquaintances depend so dearly on your appearance to one of their Tupperware, lingerie party, Mary Kay type events? It starts out with a seemingly sweet invite to their house for a glass of wine and after you accept with gratitude, then….bammmmm….your ‘friend’ informs you that 20 other people will be there and you will have such a fun night viewing skimpy lingerie!
Uhhhhh….now what do you do? Your head is swirling and your mind is spinning out of control trying to figure out how to get out of it?! You are thinking….but but but…I don’t wear skimpy lingerie! I don’t want skimpy lingerie! I can’t afford lingerie that will end up wadded up in the back of a drawer.
What You Really Want
I want my old worn out sweatshirt and sweatpants. I want to wear that one curler I wear on top of my head….I want my nice thick coat of night cream on my face when I sleep…I’m trying to save every extra penny for the vacation I’ve been dreaming about. How do I get out of this? How does this happen to me time and time again? Why am I always getting tricked into someone’s side hustle? An excuse….I need an excuse….and then…I vow to never get tricked again….Do I have to become a hermit? Can I help my friend out and not spend money? Because…I really don’t have extra disposable cash… Excuses …let me count the ways…
We really want to see our friends succeed but sometimes we can’t afford to part with our hard-earned money. Here are ten good excuses that people will understand. We’ll also look at ten ways that we can help them without spending money. Then finally, how about some good side hustles that will actually benefit our friends. Let’s get going!
EXCUSES… that are truthful and not offensive:
- Honesty. I wish I had some extra cash but I really don’t.
- My New Year’s resolution is to save.
- Every extra dollar I have is going into my ROTH IRA.
- My emergency fund is at zero.
- I am paying down credit cards with every extra dollar I can spare.
- I am saving all that I can to travel back home for a visit this year.
- My husband and I are on a pact to save.
- I’m saving for a new car because mine’s about to die.
- I am saving so that I can try my hand at investing.
- I am minimizing and purging and not bringing anything into my house.
A HELPFUL hand…that doesn’t include spending money:
- Let me help you write the invites.
- Let me contact some people for you.
- Let me help with your party errands.
- Let me come over and help you clean for the party.
- Let me watch your kids during your party.
- Let me come over and help you cook.
- Let me come over after and help you put everything away.
- Let me come over and smooze with your friends and make them feel welcome.
- Let me offer my party dish ware.
- Let me write down the orders and you concentrate on selling
SIDE HUSTLES that pay and BENEFIT your friends:
- Offer your services to drive people to the airport.
- Offer your services to pet sit.
- Offer your services to babysit.
- Offer your service for house cleaning.
- Offer your services to run errands.
- Offer temporary storage if you have the extra room.
- Offer to sell their homemade goods on your etsy store.
- Offer tutoring your expertise such as a language.
- Offer house sitting and garden care.
- Offer to pick up or drop off kids at school.
- Offer to help as a handyman/woman.
Ready to change your life and take your financial future into your own hands? Starting a blog is the best way to grab that freedom. Run your own advertisements, sign up for affiliate networks and start pulling in money doing what you love. Use my guide to take the mystery out of WordPress and Bluehost. Start Your Own Blog with Bluehost. The only thing to regret is not starting sooner.
Become more savvy when it comes to your life and finances? You’ll love these!
- 100 Money Saving Ways to Keep that Jingle in Your Pocket
- Be the Keeper of Your Money. Tips for Savings and Retirement
- How to Cut Costs at Restaurants, Tips From a Former Waitress
Save It Don’t Spend It
In life, only count on the money you have personally saved. Every other pot of money is beyond your control and may not be there when you need it. A great way to grow your money is through a Roth IRA. You can learn everything you need to know through the likes of a Brokerage company such as TD Ameritrade. Feel free to read up or speak to a representative….it’s 100% free and they are beyond kind and understanding even if you’re new to the financial world.
Did you know that you can earn gift cards through Swagbucks? Browse their app, watch videos, take surveys, and play games to earn. There’s a $5.00 bonus through The Rising Damsel just for signing up. Visit their local eats page here to see current yummy options that are close to you.
Find a Side Hustle for Yourself
My dedicated side hustle is blogging. Blogging is a fantastic hustle because it permits you to be in control of your destiny. The time and effort you put in will generate great rewards. It’s possible to start a blog and start making money right now.
If you and your friends are looking to save and earn money, you can work at it together! Blogging can be lucrative and if you are driven, it can be a stay at home job. Many sites and blogs have more than one contributor. For instance, food blogs are incredibly lucrative! 5 mama’s cooking, is a lot more recipes than 1! Working together, you can sometimes achieve much more than all by yourself. Blogging options are endless; it can be yours alone or a collective large group can contribute.
Ebates is a great money kickback site. You get $10.00 cash just for signing up using my link, so that’s easy, make money when you spend money. Ebates has mastered affiliate marketing, by using their links you get cash back. They split a portion of their affiliate income with you the buyer. It’s that easy, and it doesn’t stop at retailers either. Check out their amazing travel discounts and even Groupon deals!
Have you been cornered into a friend’s side hustle recently? Was it the guilt that got you to spend your cash?
I’d love to know what happened! There are endless ways to help our friends get further in their lives without emptying our pockets. When you open your heart instead of your pocketbook, I promise that you will be loved!
If you missed part 1 of my money saving tips get them here 100 Money Saving Ways to Keep that Jingle in Your Pocket. With over 100 new ways to save you’ll get that green feeling in no time!
Find me on Pinterest. I’m an active pinner and share content to help you improve your life and finances. If you’re looking for a free Tailwind Tribe try The Rising Damsel’s brand new one: Promote Your Blog – A Rising Damsel Tribe, share your pins and gain followers.
Subscribe to The Rising Damsel and get a 30 day Happiness Guide, Printables to Skyrocket your Social Media and a budgeting sheet designed to help you save. If you enjoyed this post and think it would benefit your followers please pin, I always try to follow back too. Thanks for reading, till next time I hope you stay motivated to keep that jingle in your pocket!